About the PSR
the Priority Services Register
The Priority Services Register (PSR) is a free service, designed to support those who need a little extra help in the event of gas supply or other utility interruptions. If you or someone you know has extra communication, access or safety needs, signing up to the PSR will help you to gain access to the best possible services at all times.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRIORITY SERVICES REGISTER?
Many people qualify for the PSR without even knowing it. You may be eligible to join the register if:
- You have a chronic or serious illness
- You are dependent on medical equipment, including oxygen
- You have poor mobility, reduced sight, hearing or sense of smell, and/or speech difficulties
- You are not able to communicate in English
- You are of pensionable age
- You are pregnant or live with a child or children under 5 years old.
The PSR is designed to make it easier for those who need extra support. Sign up for the register today or call 0800 389 8000 and you’ll also receive essential benefits that will make the management of your utilities easier. This includes:
- Alternative heating and cooking facilities, should your gas supply be interrupted, either through planned work or in an emergency
- The use of a password to keep you safe on your doorstep
- The possibility of moving your gas emergency control valve (ECV) if you are unable to reach it due to poor mobility
- Translation services if needed, all year round.
It can be stressful when your gas, water or electricity supply cuts out, especially if you find yourself in a vulnerable situation. Signing up to the PSR ensures that you can access the support you need and feel safe and independent in your home. Read the full PSR Promise here.
Find out more and sign up for the Priority Services Register here.